- Legacy management at the Rocky Flats site.
- Offsite contamination in Plum Brook—From discovery and characterization to demonstration of regulatory compliance.
- Visitors flock to the remediated Fernald Preserve.
Other articles in this issue include features titled “A snapshot of Paducah remediation and cleanup” and “Team completes dismantlement and layup of two Brookhaven reactors,” and a perspective on “The tragedy of Yucca Mountain.”
There are also a pair of meeting reports in the issue. The first one— “Deep borehole disposal of nuclear waste”—contains information from a Sandia-MIT workshop held March 15, 2o10, in Washington, D.C. The second one— “Dispositioning high-level waste in a post-Yucca Mountain world”—is a report from ANS’s 2010 Annual Meeting, held on June 13-17, 2010, in San Diego, Calif.
To access the issue, go to http://www.new.ans.org/pubs/magazines/rs/ (subscriber log-in required for access to full issue)
Also, keep an eye out for the October 2010 issue of Nuclear News, coming soon. The issue will include a special section on nuclear power plant maintenance. In the section are:
- An interview with Joe Tocco, control rod drive system manager at Exelon Generation’s Dresden plant, about Dresden’s CRD guide tube flushing tool.
- Coverage of the presentations from two maintenance-related sessions at the ANS Utility Working Conference, on maintenance productivity and on preventive maintenance/backlog management.
- An article on EPRI’s Standardized Task Evaluation program.
The issue will also include a separate meeting report on other topical areas covered at the ANS Utility Working Conference.