Notes & Updates from the ANS Professional Divisions
- RPSD announces its National Meeting Awards for student and professional members. Winners at the 2010 ANS Annual Meeting were, in the student member category, Joshua Richard for the summary “Burnup-Dependent Neutron Source Term for Gross Neutron Detection Techniques,” authored by J. G. Richard (Univ. of Florida), M. L. Fensin, S. J. Tobin, M. T. Swinhoe, and H. O. Menlove (LANL); and, in the professional member category, Paul Guss for the summary “Modeling Higher Resolution Scintillators for Nonproliferation,” authored by Paul Guss, Alexis Reed, Michael Reed, Sanjoy Mukhopadhyay, Ding Yuan (Remote Sensing Lab), Matthew Cutler, Chris Contreras, and Denis Beller (UNLV).
- The Rockwell Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to Nicholas Tsoulfanidis at the RPSD 2010 Topical Meeting at Las Vegas, NV, in April 2010. The award consisted of a plaque and a $500 monetary prize. The Rockwell Lifetime Achievement Award is based on long-term or lifetime achievement in research, technology development, or education in the fields of radiation protection, shielding, or dosimetry.
RPSD invites you to attend their “Best of Radiation Protection and Shielding 2010” session at the 2010 ANS Winter Meeting, which will feature best papers from the RPSD 2010 Topical Meeting held in Las Vegas, Nev., in April 2010.
The RPSD Fall 2010 newsletter is available by clicking here.
Interested in more about RPSD? Please click here.
The 3rd International Joint Topical Meeting on Emergency Preparedness & Response and Robotics & Remote Systems will be held in Knoxville, Tenn., on August 7-10, 2011. Abstracts should be submitted by December 10, 2010.
For more information, go to www.eprrsd.org/.
The 14th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal Hydraulics (NURETH-14), scheduled for September 25-29, 2011, in Toronto, Canada, is receiving abstracts (due November 11, 2010). Please visit http://cns-snc.ca/events/nureth-14/ for more information.
THD plans to organize the following sessions in the 2011 ANS Annual Meeting in Hollywood, Fla.:
1. Next Generation of Safety Analysis Code
2. Licensing Applications of Best Estimate Codes
3. General Thermal Hydraulics
4. Computational Thermal Hydraulics
5. Experimental and Computational Two-Phase Flow
6. Thermal Hydraulics of Small Modular Reactors
For more information on American Nuclear Society Professional Divisions, please visit the ANS website.