Courtesy of Robert Hargraves, here is an animated video featuring two Vermonters discussing the Vermont Yankee nuclear energy facility, which is the subject of some controversy in the state. Supporters of the nuclear plant want it to receive its license renewal from the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, while those opposing the plant want it shut down for various reasons, such as safety concerns. The animated video provides a good question-and-answer discussion of the issues surrounding the plant.
15 most recent blog posts
- ANS Nuclear Cafe has moved!
- The more things change, the more they stay the same
- 47th Carnival of Nuclear Energy Blogs
- 2011 ANS Student Conference: April 14-17
- Nuclear News publishes Special Report on Fukushima
- Decommissioning Fukushima
- ANS’s Corradini testifies to Congress on Fukushima
- Is Fukushima a teachable moment for nuclear educators?
- ANS Q&A on Radiation & Fukushima
- ANS and Fukushima
- Impact of MOX Fuel at Fukushima
- 46th Carnival of Nuclear Energy Blogs
- Small/modular reactors and near-term expectations
- NETS 2011 Lifts off in Albuquerque
- Why I’m suing over Yucca Mountain