Each day of the week of January 24-28, participating organizations across the United States will be promoting a different aspect of nuclear science:
- Monday, January 24: Getting to know nuclear
- Tuesday, January 25: Careers in the nuclear field
- Wednesday, January 26: Nuclear energy generation
- Thursday, January 27: Nuclear safety
- Friday, January 28: Nuclear medicine
The National Museum of Nuclear Science & History, in Albuquerque, N.M., is organizing the event and has made teacher resources available online here. The American Nuclear Society is sponsoring the week and will be posting information and resources to help ANS local and student sections organize activities to engage in the event.
Take a moment to consider how you can collaborate with teachers, Boy Scout and Girl Scout leaders, and others to experience National Nuclear Science Week. Contact the ANS Outreach Department for assistance and suggestions.